[Spacewalk-list] API Question

Wood, Brendan Brendan.Wood at Mercy.Net
Mon May 13 15:05:57 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I am looking to script the steps to Update all available packages and then run a script once that completes (the same action available through the web interface).   I know that I can use listLatestUpgradablePackages to get the list of packages and then push that list into schedulePackageInstall to do the update, with all of that followed by scheduleScriptRun call to do the reboot - but what I am missing is the dependency between those tasks.   When we schedule it through the web interface, the script won't run unless the package update runs successfully.   How do I do that same behavior via the API?

My initial thought was to use listSystemEvents in a loop to see if the first succeeded (and then call the scriptRun), but that call is broken in 1.9.   That seems more like a workaround anyway.

I also don't want to use 2 scriptRun calls (with the first being a yum update), as I only want to update content provided by spacewalk.  Some systems have repo content not provided by SP.

Anyone have any recommendations how to go about this?

Thanks in advance!

-b
This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately.