[Spacewalk-list] Duplicate system ID

Thomas Foster thomas.foster80 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 15:00:46 UTC 2013

I have used the following to test for servers with the same id in
satellite...possibly could work for you..or could help you out.

#!/usr/bin/python
import xmlrpclib,sys
import socket

SATELLITE_URL = "http://<put the name of your satellite servers full
url..ex vasat.com>/rpc/api"
#User account to connect to satellite server
SATELLITE_LOGIN = "<user login for satellite server>"
#Password for above connection
SATELLITE_PASSWORD = "password for satellite user"
#Accept an argument
SERVENAME = sys.argv
try:

    client = xmlrpclib.Server(SATELLITE_URL, verbose=0)

    key = client.auth.login(SATELLITE_LOGIN, SATELLITE_PASSWORD)
except socket.gaierror:
    #print SATELLITE_URL + " does not exits."
    sys.exit(2)

list = client.system.listUserSystems(key)
#Loop through list and return server name that's matched
for system in list:
   #if the server name exists in the server then delete it
   if system.get('name') in (SERVENAME):
        #print "Found the server " + system.get('name')
        #print "System ID is " + `system.get('id')`
        #print "Deleting system from satellite server"
        returncode = client.system.deleteSystems(key,system.get('id'))
        #print returncode

client.auth.logout(key)