[Spacewalk-list] Need help with implementation

Choure, Siddharth schoure at 1worldsync.com
Thu May 23 21:10:46 UTC 2013

Thanks. It seems a bit complicated but once I get the hang of it, I think
it shouldn't be a problem. One problem that seems to have propped up for me
is, I created a channel using

#spacewalk-create-channel --user=me --server=localhost --version=6
--update=u2 --release=Server --arch=x86_64 --destChannel=rhel6u2  -c
rhel-x86_64-server-6

rhel-x86_64-server-6 has all the packages from Red Hat but when the rhel6u2
channel is created using the above command, it is missing the kernel
packages. Also, it doesn't push all the packages that it says need to be
pushed. Here is the output -

Trying with source channel: rhel-x86_64-server-6
Reusing rhel6u2 as destination channel
3529 packages in source file to push.
Pushing 2023 packages, please wait.
Successfully pushed 2023 packages out of 3529

What am I missing? How do I get the kernel packages in?

Siddharth Choure