[Spacewalk-list] Automation of configuration deployment

wm-lists wm-lists at nixpeeps.com
Tue Nov 5 13:13:53 UTC 2013

We roll custom rpm's for "final" configuration of the server.  In order to
maintain configurations across unit/intg/perf and production environments,
the RPM's are the easiest way to ensure that the servers get built the same
way.  They also allow for a "one-stop-shop" for installing files,
configuration directives, running scripts and such that need to be before
turning a system over.

I'm sure you could make puppet or cfengine do similarly, I think this final
step is a matter of need and methodology that works best for you.

It might be nice to have a "post" script in the activation key, but I think
that this could get cumbersome to maintain...

Will