[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler and kickstart sync FAILED

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Nov 13 10:53:48 UTC 2013

Ah I just had the same with a colleague of mine
who wanted to play with spacewalk:

Thats due to
a) SELinux issues (you can check in /var/log/audit/audit.log that stuff
from spacewalk and cobbler are blocked)
=> either add exceptions or disable SELinux
and (maybe)
b) that cobbler does like to have some things set up
=> 'cobbler check' will tell you more.

Best
-Jonathan

On 11/13/2013 11:30 AM, Milan Zazrivec wrote:
>> Dear "spacewalkers",
>>
>> I dare to send you this e-mail because I'm almost desperate about the
>> Cobbler and Kickstart failures. According to the manual, I have installed
>> Spacewalk 2.0 on a fresh installation of Centos 6.4. Everything seems to
>> work fine, except Cobbler sync and Kickstart sync. When I try to "Run
>> cobbler sync" by clicking on "Update" button, it gives me an internal
>> server error (see the attachment). I have reinstalled the whole server
>> twice, restarted spacewalk, restarted cobblerd separately, httpd as well -
>> both services are running. What else can I do?
> The attachment please?
>
> -MZ

Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671