[Spacewalk-list] Starting osa-dispatcher hangs

Justin Edmands shockwavecs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:04:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Will Cladek <will.cladek at nrl.navy.mil>wrote:

> I just upgraded my Spacewalk from 1.8 to 1.9 and then 2.0.  In both the
> 1.9 and 2.0 updates, starting the spacewalk-server just hangs on
> osa-dispatcher (actual server name masked):
>
> Starting spacewalk services...
> Initializing jabberd processes ...
> Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
> Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
> Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
> Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
> Starting tomcat5:                                          [  OK  ]
> Waiting for tomcat to be ready ...
> Starting httpd: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
> qualified domain name, using [xxx] for ServerName
>                                                            [  OK  ]
> Starting osa-dispatcher:
>

> At this point I can at least interact with the web interface and get
> updates, but it never completes this startup process.  I set
> osa-dispatcher.debug in rhn.conf, but osa-dispatcher.log shows nothing, nor
> do the other logs show anything relevant.  Any suggestions as to why
> osa-dispatcher won't start?

Maybe run the osa-dispatcher command instead :

osa-dispatcher --help
Usage: osa-dispatcher [options]

  -v, --verbose             Increase verbosity
  -N, --nodetach         Suppress backgrounding and detachment of the
process
  --pid-file=PID_FILE   Write to this PID file
  --logfile=LOGFILE    Write log information to this file
  -h, --help                 show this help message and exit