[Spacewalk-list] Resign Packages

Milan Zázrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 12:55:20 UTC 2013

On Thursday 14 November 2013 10:59:39 Frank Paulick wrote:
> this works for 1 or 2 packages.
> i would like to resign all packages already imported in my spacewalk
> server (~30000 Packages)
> at best without resyncing them from the external repositories
> as far as i know there is also no way to resign packages imported by
> using "spacewalk-repo-sync"
>
> to summarize, how can i resign all packages for a local spacewalk server
> with my own key ?

Re-sign all rpms on your /var/satellite and somehow make Spacewalk
automatically pick up (i.e. recompute checksums, re-generate repodata)
the newly signed content? I'm afraid that's not possible.

By re-signing the package, you effectively changed it (its checksum and
signature anyway). At this point, your Spacewalk won't do anything. And yes,
yum on the client side will report checksum mismatches, b/c that's what
happened, right? You wouldn't want someone to alter the package content
and expect your Spacewalk to act like it's okay, would you?

So if you trust the new (re-signed) rpms, you need to re-push / re-sync them
to your Spacewalk channels. This needs to be a deliberate action, same way
re-signing the rpms was a deliberate action.

This of course can be automated with API & rhnpush: you will simply have
a list of packages that you need to re-push, delete the old one (using API)
and re-push it into its channel(s) using rhnpush.

-MZ