[Spacewalk-list] monitoring behind proxy

Balint Szigeti balint.szgt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 15:57:21 UTC 2013

hello

Does anyone have experience in monitoring the clients behind Spacewalk
proxy?

My problem is, when I set the monitoring probes to client which is
behind a Spacewalk proxy, the probes will be executed by central/parent
server instead of proxy server.

Can I change this behaviour? If it's by design, the proxy loses its
functionality. I don't think the proxy's just used for patch installing.
There is a RPM file:
spacewalk-proxy-monitoring
which includes this:
# cat /usr/share/doc/spacewalk-proxy-monitoring-2.0.1/README
Package spacewalk-proxy-monitoring pulls in all of the Spacewalk Monitoring
packages, including all MOC and Scout functionality.

It contain only one configuration file: /etc/satnum which contain node
number
and should not be edited manualy.

# ps aux|grep -i monit
root      4099  0.0  0.0 103236   860 pts/0    S+   14:52   0:00 grep -i
monit

# ps aux|grep -i scou
root      4109  0.0  0.0 103236   864 pts/0    S+   14:52   0:00 grep -i
scou

I've got this in /var/log/nocpulse/kernel-error.log on Proxy server.
/Starting kernel//
//Event terminated abnormally/

Can anyone give an advice?

Balint