[Spacewalk-list] Exclude packages from installing via client configuration

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at zssos.sk
Sun Oct 6 10:44:49 UTC 2013

Hi Michael again after longer time,

I have finally decided to look over your response and using spacecmd
(within spacewalk 2.0) try to d) way:

 > d) associate a repo with the cloned channel (the same external repo
which is associated with the original channel) and set exclude filters
for it > (API channel.software.addRepoFilter()). Just be aware of the
fact that even package excluded via filter can be pulled into channel if
it's
 > Adependency of a different package. (Spacewalk-repo-sync does
dependency transitive closure.)
 > I cloned existing channel with:

spacecmd {SSM:0}> softwarechannel_clone
Select source channel: centos6-x86_64-alt-ru
Channel Name: CentOS 6 ALT.ru Custom (x86_64)
Channel Label: centos6-x86_64-alt-ru-cust
Select Parent [blank to create a base channel]: centos6-x86_64
Copy source channel GPG details? [y/N]: y
Original State (No Errata) [y/N]: y

Now I listed existing filters on original repo:

spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_listfilters "External yum repo - CentOS 6 ALT.ru
x86_64"
spacecmd {SSM:0}>

And now I wanted to add filter:

spacecmd {SSM:0}> repo_addfilters
repo_addfilters: Add filters for a user repo
usage: repo_addfilters repo <filter ...>

The problem is that I don't know the exact syntax for <filter>. If I can
use include filter or exclude filter as well. With googling I have just
found corresponding commit of filter implementation for spacecmd, but no
documentation.

Please can you point me to that documentation or a bit explain how
filter can be used?

In principle I wanted to exclude some packages from specifed repo,
because they are in conflict (modifed versions of existing packages)
with packages in existing CentOS base/updates/epel repos.

thank you!

michal