[Spacewalk-list] How can use Spacewalk chennels as a repositories.

J Epperson spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 8 15:28:14 UTC 2013

My question for Papinder was about where _in Spacewalk_ he was
seeing a baseurl for a channel. His question for the list was about
non-subscribed systems using a Spacewalk channel as a yum repo. If you
have any answers for either of those questions, that would be useful. I
don't think either of us have questions about how to load an existing
on-disk repo into Spacewalk or how to use it on subscribed systems,
which is what your answers are about. But thanks for your interest.

On
2013-10-08 9:08, Thomas Foster wrote:

> Baseurl is in your .repo
file..you want to setup apache on your existing repo. Make sure you run
createrepo and your repo.xml and primary.tar files are there..make sure
apache can see the repo bt connecting to the site and see if your files
are listed in apache. If you can see youe repo from apache you are
halfway through..next go to spacewalk and create a new channel which
wilk host alk of your rpms. Then you need to associate a repository for
that channel (pointing at you apache install) then run sync packages and
you should see them in spacewalk. After that you sub your systems and
patch.
<spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net> wrote:

>> I have not been able to
figure out how to set up a ".repo" file such that a non-subscribed
system could use a Spacewalk/Satellite channel as a yum repository. You
mention "baseurl which is available in spacewalk": where are you seeing
the baseurl for a channel?

>> This would be very useful in my shop
if it could be made to work.

wrote:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am newbie in Spacewalk. And i found
its very useful tool to manage lot of Redhat, Centos and fedora
machines.

>>> In my env., i have a local repository server and
spacewalk. But i want to remove that local repo server, because same
repos are in spacewalk channels.

>>> So my question is that, can i
use spacewalk channels as a local repository server. Means single
repository used on both way in spacewalk and local repo also. So i just
go to any machine and create a .repo file and mention all baseurl which
is available in spacewalk and thing will work for me.

>>> --

papseddy

Links:
------