[Spacewalk-list] Synchronize Spacewalk Server

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 07:32:31 UTC 2013

Frank Paulick wrote:
% Hi,
%
% is there a way to get all Information and Data from one Spacewalk
% Server to another one ?
% The Reason behind this question is that i have installed a "Proof of
% Concept" Spacewalk Server and configured it the way i would need it
% for Production.
% Now that everything seems to be working as we hoped, i would like to
% sync all rpm's and configuration data/information to a new installed
% Spacewalk server which is planned as production.
%
% on the Test Server is did
%
% "rhn-satellite-exporter -a --all-orgs -d <nfs share on production server>
%
% this seems to have exported a lot of data
%
% after this i ran on the new production server
%
% satellite-sync  --mount-point /data/spacewalk/
% ERROR: No channels currently imported; try satellite-sync
% --list-channels; then satellite-sync -c chn0 -c chn1...
%
% This leads me back to my initial Question , how can i import the
% data that has been exported before ?

Hello Frank,

Your export do not contain information about channels. Rerun
rhn-satellite-exporter with channel options, e.g.

  rhn-satellite-exporter -a --all-orgs -d /data/spacewalk -c channel1 -c channel2 ...

and then import into other server with

  satellite-sync -m /data/spacewalk -c channel1 -c channel2 ...

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat