[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart via (normal) proxy

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:34:59 UTC 2013

We use Spacewalk for provisioning new systems (kickstarts), applying
updates and for managing config files.  To limit traffic across our WAN,
I'd like to proxy cache as much as possible.

I've configured /etc/yum.conf as well as /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date so that
the nodes in each DC use the appropriate proxy server.

I didn't consider putting in an additional Spacewalk server as I don't need
any more servers to manage.  Having said that, exactly what does ISS (Inter
Satellite Sync) sync?  I make heavy use of snippets, kickstarts, managed
config channels, custom software channels and custom info keys.  Will ISS
keep all these in sync?

Thanks

CC