[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Upgrade Issue

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 00:28:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 03:09:42PM +0000, Bedorf, Paul wrote:

> Hi, in our environment we are running the following:
>
> spacewalk 1.8 nightly

[...]

> Spacewalk works absolutely perfect, no issues what's so ever. I have decided to upgrade spacewalk to the latest version 2.0, below you will find the steps that I took:

This will not work. The nightly installations are not upgradable
(without manual tweaking and manual upgrades). Only upgrades between
released versions are supported. In

	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#Nightlybuilds

it says:

	Especially beware that you might not be able to upgrade from
	the nightly installation to the next release, especially with
	respect to the database schema.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat