[Spacewalk-list] Tomcat not starting

Chirag Choudhary chirag200666 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 07:07:48 UTC 2013

Hi,
     Yesterday I kickstarted a machine with spacewalk, and it was working
fine , I did a few network and cobbler(only host ip addr.) changes and now
I cannot see tomcat started by spacewalk. Its not in processes list, not
the catalina.out comes up as earlier.  I tried to start it manually but I
cannot find its binary to start. Due to this the spacewalk UI is throwing
up "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable".
I restarted the Spacewalk and system , network, restored the previous
network settings ,still in vain.
This is output of "spacewalk-service restart"
[root at space-walk ~]# spacewalk-service restart
Shutting down spacewalk services...
Stopping cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping rhn-search...
Stopped rhn-search.
Shutting down osa-dispatcher:                              [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Terminating jabberd processes ...
Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Stopping router:                                           [  OK  ]
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
Done.
Starting spacewalk services...
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
Initializing jabberd processes ...
Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting osa-dispatcher:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting rhn-search...
Starting cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Done.

What can be done in this case ?

Thanks & Regards
--