[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Config-Channel for RHEL ?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 09:03:31 UTC 2013

Jakl Stefan wrote:
% Hello
%
% I would like to know, if it's possible to join my RHEL Server (not CentOS) to a Spacewalk-Config-Channel ?
% I've got the Spacewalk 2.0 now up and running.
%
% As I have a mix of CentOS & RHEL, it would be cool to have at least the same Config-Channel for my environment.
%
% Does any of you have done a setup fort hat ?

Hi Stefan,

there's no problem to put servers with different (base) software
channels (e.g. RHEL and Centos) into the same configuration channel.

To do so you need to give them Provisioning entitlement and install
rhncfg-client on them.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat