[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart install with Network config

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:22:52 UTC 2014

Frank Paulick <frank.paulick at baaderbank.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> currently i add systems which i would like to kickstart using cobbler
> the following way:
>
> cobbler system add --name=$NAME  --mac $MAC --profile
> rhel6-x86_64-$PROFILE:1:SpacewalkDefaultOrganization --hostname=$NAME
> --interface=$IFACE --ip-address=$IPADDR --subnet=255.255.0.0 --static=1
>
> This creates the required Entries and i can kickstart the systems
> afterwards.
>
> My Problem now is that i need to get a 2nd interface (eth1/em2)
> configured using spacewalk kickstart
> Since i would like to get this automatically done, i was wondering if i
> can pass the 2nd interface also to cobbler or if there is another
> command i could use to pass the information about the 2nd
> interface(Device,ip,netmask,def route) to the kickstart config.
>
> Regards
> Frank

Take a look at the cobbler snippet "post_install_network_config" for ideas in
how to accomplish what you're doing. You can set/add additional interface
information via cobbler CLI as well. Here is an example:
cobbler system edit --name=$NAME --interface=eth1 --ip-address=$IPADDR2 --subnet=255.255.255.0 --static=True

--
Jon Miller