[Spacewalk-list] Certificate issue

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 08:13:03 UTC 2014

Shawn Cannon wrote:
% I replaced my certificate for the web GUI and it shows up properly with the proper expiration date in 2016.  When I run rhn_check from a client, it tells me my cert is expired.  I am using a cert obtained from an external CA and I am confused as to which cert it thinks has expired.  I run a wget to grab the RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT file from  my spacewalk server and it tells me that the certificate is expired!  Does wget not connect to the same https that the GUI would use?  Why would one report the cert as fine and one as expired?  I need some guidance on how to fix this please.  Thanks!

Hello Shawn,

If you replaced https certificate with external CA signed certificate
you also have to replace RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT with certificate of
that CA. So rhn_check (and others) connecting from client to spacewalk
server can verify certificate chain.

% Shawn Cannon

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat