From: waldirio gmail com
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:09:29 -0200
To: spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] FW: redhat channel in spacewalk

Daryl

Spacewalk is the RHN Satellite Project, so using Spacewalk you don't have support, updates, etc

RHN Satellite is a enterprise product, with support, updates, etc

When you buy the RHN Satellite Subscription, you can buy a "full version" or started pack, full version is, if you have 10 RHEL's, the certificate generated will come with 10 subscriptions, if you have 1k, your subscription will come with 1k subscriptions. There are details about unlimited guests, but we will not talk about it now.

When you install SW, you have a certificate to 20k servers, according bellow:

###
<rhn-cert version="0.1">
  <rhn-cert-field name="product">SPACEWALK-001</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="owner">Spacewalk Default Organization</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="issued">2007-07-13 00:00:00</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="expires">2018-07-13 00:00:00</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="slots">20000</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="monitoring-slots">20000</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="provisioning-slots">20000</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="virtualization_host">20000</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="virtualization_host_platform">20000</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="satellite-version">spacewalk</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-field name="generation">2</rhn-cert-field>
  <rhn-cert-signature>
</rhn-cert-signature>
###

So, to conclude, if you have the opportunity to use RHN Satellite, you can do this, and add another OS's as repo. Pay attention, each server that you add in RHN Satellite, will user a Smart Management addon.

If not, don't worry, you can add rhel repo, according various older posts.

Let me know if the answer is satisfactory! :-)

Take Care