[Spacewalk-list] FW: redhat channel in spacewalk

ezinne ibeagbazi eibeagbazi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 16:24:11 UTC 2014

Thank Wald,

The procedure worked so well, I was able to create and channel and also a
kickstart from the gui and also having cobble installed, the process worked
seamlessly.

Thank you so much, Please if there are other things very helpful that I can
achieve with SW, let me know.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro <
waldirio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Zinny
>
> Bellow a simple sample of how to this procedure.
>
> - log in the SW server
> - create a base channel named centos_6.5_x86-64 (name, label and summary).
> You can define according your necessity,
> - mount the dvd iso
> - access the directory which contain the rpm files
> - execute the command bellow:
> rhnpush -c centos_6.5_x86-64 --server=localhost -u <admin login> -p
> <password> *.rpm
>
> After this, your channel in SW will be populated with all packages from
> dvd.
>
> Try it in your lab!
>
> Take Care
>
> ______________
> Atenciosamente
> Waldirio
> msn: waldirio at gmail.com
> Skype: waldirio
> Site: www.waldirio.com.br
> Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br
> LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/waldirio-pinheiro/22/b21/646
> PGP: www.waldirio.com.br/public.html
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Zinny <eibeagbazi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In line with the redhat repo in SW, is there a way I can use an iso image
>> or a dvd to create the channel in a home lab environment that way I can
>> spawn up instances as and when I want.
>> Please if it's possible share the procedures with me or point me to a url
>> to where I can achieve this.
>> I am new to SW, please any procedure to be shared should be well
>> explained that way I won't struggle much in achieving it.
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Dec 4, 2014, at 2:07 PM, Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro <waldirio at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Good point Jeremy, I'll try the conf using ssl.
>>
>> Take Care
>>
>> ______________
>> Atenciosamente
>> Waldirio
>> msn: waldirio at gmail.com
>> Skype: waldirio
>> Site: www.waldirio.com.br
>> Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br
>> LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/waldirio-pinheiro/22/b21/646
>> PGP: www.waldirio.com.br/public.html
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Jeremy Maes <jma at schaubroeck.be> wrote:
>>
>>>  No, since spacewalk 2.1 you *no longer need to use mrepo* but you can
>>> sync the RHEL channels directly with spacewalk-repo-sync.
>>>
>>> Just take a peek at the repo configuration options in the webinterface
>>> and notice that you can add SSL certs, which is what RHN uses nowadays. You
>>> can get the certs via the RHEL customer portal.
>>>
>>> More details you won't find I'm afraid. It's a nice project to get it
>>> working but I can assure you it works and once you get it up and running
>>> you'll be happy to be rid of any extra scripts/daemons/... (maybe Paul
>>> Robert Marino gave extra info in the past, just try searching the mailing
>>> list archives as he keeps repeating to everyone asking this question ;))

> [...]

Ezinne M Ibeagbazi, Bsc, RHCE, RHCSA,VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCA, A+
Linux Systems Engineer
VINDS INC,
Landover, MD
301-364-7694