[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart Looking for Old Package Versions

Roudebush, Tim (GSFC-590.0)[COLUMBUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES INC] timothy.b.roudebush at nasa.gov
Tue Dec 23 18:40:51 UTC 2014

Hey everyone - I'm fairly new to the Spacewalk community . I'm currently setting up a kickstart environment to install RHEL-based Linux machines. We are connecting from client to server using a static IP. The kickstart connects to server and initializes OK, but then fails with the message during the beginning of installation:

"The file iputils-20071127-16.el6.x86_64.rpm cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file, a corrupt package or corrupt media."

>From the server side, there is a 404 error. I investigated, and it looks like my Spacewalk server has iputils-20071127-17.el6.x86_64.rpm (version 17), but kickstart is trying to push iputils-20071127-16.el6.x86_64.rpm (version 16). If I manually download the v17 RPM and copy it to /var/distro-trees/scientific6-x86_64/Packages, then the package installs during the kickstart boot and the next packages fails. I can't figure out why Spacewalk is pushing the old version of every package.

I have:

1.       Verified that the "scientific6-x86_64" software channel is up-to-date (synced 12/22 11PM)

2.       Downloaded latest SL6.6 ISO and extracted directories to /var/distro-trees/scientific6-x86_64 :

a.       images

b.      isolinux

c.       Packages

d.      repodata

3.       Created a "scientific6-x86_64" distribution through the Spacewalk WebApp

4.       Created a "scientific6-x86_64" kickstart profile, using the "scientific6-x86_64" software channel

I've tried selecting "Ignore missing packages" in the kickstart profile, but the same error appears. How can I tell Spacewalk to look for the newer (current) versions of all packages?

Thanks,
Tim