[Spacewalk-list] Can not assign SW Channels to clients registered through Proxy

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Mon Feb 3 19:04:17 UTC 2014

Il 03/02/2014 19:11, Jon Miller ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Spacewalk proxy server setup and it is mostly working. I can
> kickstart a machine and register the client through the proxy as
> well. However, I can not assign any software channels to the registered
> client machine. I suspect it could be due to the multiple orgs I have setup
> but am looking for advice.
>
> The Proxy was originally setup by registering it with Org 3 on my base
> Spacewalk (v2.0) server however my current testing is being done with Org
> 6. The activation key I've setup selects various channels but none are
> activated. When I navigate to the server and try to alter it's channel
> subscriptions, my choices are completely empty.
>
> Is this expected behavior? Hopefully there is an easy fix.
>
> Thank you,
do you have assigned entitlements on those organizations?

eg
admin -> organizations -> <name of your organization> -> subscriptions
-> system entitlements

you should have at least some management (base) entitlements available
to assign base channel....

but if you already have entitlements available is possible that your
channel has "organization sharing" set to "This channel is private and
cannot be accessed by any other organization." or "This channel is
protected and may only be accessed by specific trusted organizations."
and obliviously your organization is not trusted :D

so you can change organization sharing by:

channels ->  manage software channels -> <your channel name> and then
under organization sharing select "This channel is public and may be
accessed by any of the trusted organizations trusted by this
organization." -> click Update channel,

so you can make a trust between the two organization under: admin ->
<name of your organization> -> trusts

hth

Amedeo Salvati
RHC{DS,E,VA} - LPIC-3 - UCP - NCLA 11