[Spacewalk-list] New install, no repos will sync

Jonathan Green Jonathan.Green at irdeto.com
Thu Feb 6 16:55:37 UTC 2014

Hello there:

We have a new install of Spacewalk 2.0 on Centos 6.5, and have followed the documentation carefully.  When we setup a channel with some repositories, and execute the following, it fails:

Spacewalk-repo-sync   -channel   channel_name

'Repo URL :  http://url/repomd.xml  ERROR:  Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) ... '

However, when using wget, repomd.xml does download successfully, so we don't believe this to be a network issue.

Yes, we have unchecked the 'disconnected' checkbox under admin options.

Also, we don't see anything obvious in the log files.

What else could we be missing?

Thank you.