[Spacewalk-list] SLES 11 SP2 and Spacewalk 2.0

Coffman, Anthony J Tony.Coffman at snapon.com
Fri Feb 7 17:05:09 UTC 2014

I'm trying to install Spacewalk 2.0 on a SLES 11.2 system for the first time, ran into one missing dependency so far (see below)

Does anybody know where I can get the usermode package.

Is this the right package set to install?  The opensuse 12.x instructions from the wiki include the yum package but that isn't available either.

Here's the output from the attempt.

sles11sp2:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper install zypp-plugin-python rhnlib rhn-client-tools rhn-setup zypp-plugin-spacewalk rhnsd rhn-check
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides usermode >= 1.36 needed by rhn-setup-2.0.1-2.1.noarch
Solution 1: do not install rhn-setup-2.0.1-2.1.noarch
Solution 2: break rhn-setup-2.0.1-2.1.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c

I've read the relevant threads I could find from the archive.  They seem pretty helpful.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-March/msg00134.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-November/msg00068.html

I'm willing to go the SMT route if I have to but would rather have this in one interface if possible.

Regards,
--Tony