[Spacewalk-list] Daily Summary mails

Bruno Henrique Barbosa bruno-barbosa at prodesan.com.br
Fri Feb 21 18:01:14 UTC 2014

Hi Stuart, I appreciate your help.

I know the mails are sent via java call, and even tho I didn't find any guide on Spacewalk docs, I could find this article on RedHat https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/46573, but it didn't solve my problem. I've specified that strings on /etc/rhn.conf and also on /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf, but I've got no results yet.

Two days ago, before I configured Postfix, I could receive some logs on /var/log/rhn/tasko/sat/daily-status-bunch like this one:

2014-02-19 23:00:00,101 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-9] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.DailySummary - MessagingException while trying to send email: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Send failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
nested exception is:
com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.JavaMailException: MessagingException while trying to send email: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Send failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
nested exception is:
at com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.SmtpMail.send(SmtpMail.java:145)
at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.TaskHelper.sendMail(TaskHelper.java:168)
at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.DailySummary.queueOrgEmails(DailySummary.java:172)
at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.DailySummary.execute(DailySummary.java:95)
at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.RhnJavaJob.execute(RhnJavaJob.java:82)
at com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.TaskoJob.execute(TaskoJob.java:169)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Send failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
nested exception is:
at javax.mail.Transport.doSend(Transport.java:231)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:75)
at com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.SmtpMail.send(SmtpMail.java:139)
... 7 more

But since yesterday, no *_out neither *_err logs have been generated in that path, so I assume the connection happens, but it still doesn't deliver the email because of another setting missing.

Bruno Henrique Barbosa

Jr. Sys Admin
IT Department
Santos City Hall