[Spacewalk-list] Can I set up Spacewalk server on Redhat 6.4

ATH KEBEI kebei at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 15:17:35 UTC 2014

Hi All,
Will be infinitely obliged if some one can point me on the right direction.
We mainly have Redhat 5.6 and some few 6. As this are not in anyway connected to the Internet, no one has ever bothered to patch them. Just arrived here and think it is unacceptable.

We do have a subscription for 5.6 and a 6. I am thinking of setting up a spacewalk server on one of the 6.

My questions are:
1. Will   Redhat allow this?
2. I have set up a Spacewalk server on CentOS 6.4, but had issues importing Redhat and even CentOS errata into it. How is this done. I could not set up a Redhat channel on my CentOS spacewalk server for some reason. How is this done? Will the updates not be CentOS-based rather Redhat?

3. hOW DO i APPLY PATCHES to a system on a clasified

Is it possible to set up a Spacewalk server on a classified network and how does that work?

Thanks.

Very Respectfully,

A. C. Kebei
Always, Very Committed to Excellence and the fair treatment of all.