[Spacewalk-list] Can spacewalk-repo-sync be used internally between cloned channels?

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 03:19:46 UTC 2014

We are in the process of revamping our patch cycle methodology. It will
allow us to streamline our channel creation process by syncing to RHN, then
syncing from the official channels to our internally used clone channels.

I have used spacewalk-clone-by-date to do this and have found that the
clone channel ends up with a three or four missing packages. (It isn't
clear to me why this happens so if anyone can explain that to me I'd
appreciate it.) Once we have patched against the clone channel it is then
synced to a second clone channel which acts as our baseline to which all
servers are registered while we prepare for the next cycle.

At this point, I see spacewalk-clone-by-date as the option to use, but if
spacewalk-repo-sync will serve the same purpose is it a better choice and
why? Or is it not designed for this?

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me