[Spacewalk-list] Mutli distro kickstart issue.

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:12:18 UTC 2014

Look at candlepin and subscription manager on a host registered with
Red Hat its actually fairly obvious how to do it with Spacewalk 2.x.
The reason I am not specifically telling any one how to do it is I
just don't know if I would be violating any NDA's and or support
agreements if I wrote a guide on how to do it.

Also a possible alternative I havent had time to fully investigate is
this https://github.com/splice/spacewalk-splice-tool It's used in the
latest version of RHN Satellite 5.x. The one problem is that SAM is
compiled against Jboss 6 and spacewalk is compiled against jpackage 5
so the cant be on the same host. Although in theory if spacewalk could
be compiled against Jpackage 6 or even better Jboss 6 they should be
able to run on the same host. Essentially what it does is it
syncronizes Spacewalk with SAM is the stripped down core of Satellite
6 (its equivalent to a spacewalk proxy) so in theory it could allow
you to have the best of both worlds. My only problem with it is for
some reason it needs Mogodb which I find odd since both Spacewalk and
SAM use PostgreSQL.