[Spacewalk-list] [SW 2.0 Rhel 6.3] Rhnpush error - Process stuck

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 14:49:55 UTC 2014

alvin.s at aliceadsl.fr wrote:
% [Spacewalk 2.0 with PostgreSQL 8.4 on Red Hat EL 6.3 - Virtual Machine]
%
% Good afternoon fellow Spacewalkers and thanks for reading.
%
% I'm stuck with some issue on the rhnpush action. One morning, it stopped working. The process is stuck and there are no errors, no log updates (either rhn logs or postgresql logs).
%
% The only thing i get is in /var/log/rhn/rhn_upload_packages.log (which seems fine) :
%
% 2014/07/04 15:31:20 +02:00 8209 0.0.0.0: server/apacheUploadServer.handler('GET method received, returning',).
%
% I have 4 dedicated servers running Spacewalk with no issues, but this error happened on the development server, on a virtual machine (development server), could this be related ?
% Everything in Spacewalk is fine, all yum updates are correct, i can kickstart, i can modify profiles etc... I just can't push packages anymore.
%
% I've tried to :
% - Reboot server multiple times
% - Reinstall package rhnpush
% - Check all cfg files
% - Reindex postgresql DB
%
% No succes, I've been stuck for 5 days now, i'm kinda out of ideas.
%
% Has any of you ever seen such issue ?

Hello Alvin,

I have no idea what's going on with your setup but there's higher chance
someone will answer if you provide exact listing of commands you run and
error messages you get.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat