[Spacewalk-list] Groupinstall in Spacewalk

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 11 18:58:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Here is what I am doing. I too am not able to configure the group metadata
on spacewalk.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Paul Robert Marino <prmarino1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here is a quick solution Mount the ISO to a directory served by a
> webserver then point spacewalk to it as a repo then you will import
> the comps.xml off the ISO.
> Once you have it then you're good to go.
>
> Also by the way the new entitlements created for Red Hat by subscription
> manager simply point yum to a PKI authenticated yum repo. Spacewalk 2.x
> supports PKI authorize yum repos all you have to do is upload the 3
> certificates. This is something you may want to think about. I personally
> don't use mrepo any more its simply not needed and just complicates things.
>

> -- Sent from my HP Pre3
>
> ------------------------------
> On Mar 21, 2014 7:06, Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> ŚLIPEK Krzysztof wrote:
> % Hello Michael,
> % Thanks for your answer.
> % But I'm using mrepo to synchronize with Red Hat and then use createrepo
> and spacewalk-repo-sync to populate channel in Spacewalk.
> % In this situation the only way is to create comps.xml manually?
>
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> Unfortunately yes, either create it manually or ask mrepo developers to
> add support
> for comps.xml.
>
> % Regards,
> % Chris
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka
> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

I have copied the entire contents of the DVD to /sw/rhel6.5/. For
populating my channel, I have pointed the repository to
file:///sw/rhel6.5/Packages as it is told that Spacewalk will not descend
into directories. I have also run "createrepo -g comps.xml
/sw/rhel6.5/Packages". Still the group information is not available. Where
am I wrong ?

--
Best regards,
Amitakhya Phukan