[Spacewalk-list] odd issue after postgres upgrade (from 8.4 > 9.3)

Stephen Herr sherr at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 14:44:57 UTC 2014

My guess is that your postgresql 9.3 instance is not using the
configuration generated by spacewalk-setup-postgresql. In particular, I
suspect this problem would be fixed by setting "bytea_output = 'escape'"
in postgresql.conf. Try appending the following to postgresql.conf and
restarting the db:

### spacewalk-setup-postgresql modified values
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.7
checkpoint_segments = 8
effective_cache_size = 1152MB
log_line_prefix = '%m '