[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 -- dependency error

Kevin Abbey kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 22 21:49:57 UTC 2014

Hello Alexander,

Yes, sorry my initial package list was incomplete in the email. I've
listed the detail below.

For jpackage, I used the exact instruction on the HowToInstall wiki page.
Should it be using jpackage/6.0 instead of the jpackage/5.0 ?

I also searched rpmfind.net and noticed the the versions being requested
do not appear available for centos 6.5

* yum repolist*

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit, security
  * base: mirror.lug.udel.edu
  * epel: epel.mirror.constant.com
  * extras: mirror.trouble-free.net
  * jpackage-generic: mirrors.dotsrc.org
  * rpmforge: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
  * updates: mirrors.einstein.yu.edu
1864 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id                       repo
name                                                    status
base                          CentOS-6 -
Base                                                    6,367
*epel                         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 -
x86_64                10,894+128
extras                        CentOS-6 -
Extras                                                     14
jpackage-generic              JPackage
generic                                               2,434+873
rpmforge                      RHEL 6 - RPMforge.net -
dag                                  3,213+1,505
spacewalk Spacewalk 155
updates                       CentOS-6 -
Updates                                                 1,175
repolist: 24,252

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

Jpackage repository

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Scientific Linux 6, CentOS 6 and Fedora

For Spacewalk on EL 6 and Fedora, a couple of additional dependencies
are needed from jpackage. If repo is broken, mirror list here:
http://www.jpackage.org/mirroring.php Please configure the following yum
repository before beginning your Spacewalk installation:

cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/jpackage-generic.repo << EOF
[jpackage-generic]
name=JPackage generic
#baseurl=http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/pub/jpackage/5.0/generic/free/
mirrorlist=http://www.jpackage.org/mirrorlist.php?dist=generic&type=free&release=5.0
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://www.jpackage.org/jpackage.asc
EOF

We specifically want 5.0 generic directory in the above URL. Make sure,
you do not use the jpackage-generic repository on RHEL 5.

Thank you,
Kevin

Email: kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu