[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic fails

Marco Garcês Marco.Garces at bci.co.mz
Mon Jul 28 12:12:37 UTC 2014

Hi there,

My Taskomatic service in spacewalk (version 2.2) is not starting, and I dont know what else to do.

I have enabled DEBUG in the logs, and when I manually start the service, the logs show that the services get launhed 5 times, but then it finally quits.
I have no clue what is causing this behaviour, but at some point, I could see this in the log:

“INFO com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.core.TaskomaticDaemon - Tomcat is not up yet, sleeping 4 seconds” (which goes on forever, after messing with timeout times).

I have checked if I have any VirtualHost configuration extra, which I dont have; I have also increased the java heap size for the wrapper, still no sucess.

Without taskomatic, I am not getting any new packages, or synced channels with external repositories (since it does not generate the xml).

Can you help me?

Marco Garcês