[Spacewalk-list] installing package updates

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 17:59:17 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Do you have OSAD setup / running?
>
> I think that’s exactly what you’re looking for.

Yeah - https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Satellite/5.6/html/Installation_Guide/sect-Installation_Guide-Maintenance-Enabling_Push_to_Clients.html

"Auto-errata update" means the system will have packages waiting to be picked up by the first rhn_check run after an errata has arrived in channel(s) the system is subscribed to.

"yum update" will, of course, update *everything* on the system immediately - but you have to "on" the system in question to run it, of course :)