[Spacewalk-list] HA Solution to Spacewalk

Rick van der Linde rick at rilp.nl
Wed Mar 5 14:44:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Since more and more intellectual capital is situated in my spaealk solution I wonder if it's possible to make ik HA.

Let me explain what I;m thinking of:

Seperated DB that is (synchroneously) replicated. Tha (DB) service address will switchover to the other server when something occurs. In my opinion this is a "proven" concept. But the trick part is next:

I want to build the spacewalk application onto multiple servers with shared storage. In front of these I would like to "load-balance" the connections. Most bequtifull would be that sessions get handled by multiple servers, but according to me sessions are not stateless. Load balancing will then be possible with connection affinity set. (That is once connected all requests will be handled by the server connected till the session ends). Do you know is this is possible?

last is which filesystems should be shared across the load balanced servers to keep them in sync?

Filesystems I can mention are:

/var/satellite

/var/lib/cobbler

/var/lib/tftpboot

Clients should then access the LBR address.

Thanks in advance,

Rick