[Spacewalk-list] post-kickstart registration problems after upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1

Bill Gunter bill.gunter at ni.com
Wed Mar 5 15:43:37 UTC 2014

Ah, thanks for that. I used spacecmd to update all of the profiles and
force them to rebuild.

Bill

--
Bill Gunter, RHCSA  | Unix Administrator | National Instruments Ireland |
bill.gunter at ni.com  | Ph:+353 1 247 5935

From:   Jonathan Hoser <jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de>
To:     <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>,
Date:   05/03/2014 15:23
Subject:        Re: [Spacewalk-list] post-kickstart registration problems
after upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1
Sent by:        spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com

On 03/05/2014 03:39 PM, Bill Gunter wrote:
Noticed that hosts were hanging during the post-kickstart phase. The
/root/ks-rhn-post.log shows that some optional rpms downloaded from the
spacewalk server during the registration were not rpms at all but html of
404 errors. The constructed URLs for the rpms (rhnlib, pyOpenSSL,
libxml2-python) in the registration part of the profile are incorrect. I
cloned the profile and the URLs are different and now seem to work.

Is there a way to make spacewalk reconstruct the profiles or will I need
to clone each one?
I was just facing the same,

and for me it was sufficient to add ... nothing but still hitting 'Update'

on any of the kickstart-configuration dialog-/settings-pages

Best
-Jonathan

--
Bill Gunter, RHCSA  | Unix Administrator | National Instruments Ireland |
bill.gunter at ni.com  | Ph:+353 1 247 5935
National Instruments Ireland Resources Ltd.
Unit 302 | Omni Business Park | Swords Road | Santry | Dublin 9
Registered Office: 39/40 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 1
Company Registered No.377471
Tel: +353 1 2475900

--
Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons
Enhsen
_____
Spacewalk-list mailing list