[Spacewalk-list] osad fails to pick up queued actions, when client is behind proxy server...

WHITNEY_LATTA at homedepot.com WHITNEY_LATTA at homedepot.com
Tue Mar 11 14:47:01 UTC 2014

Thanks for the reply; the hostnames are in DNS and nslookup responds... I have some questions about that, since we're using load-balancers to route to a virtual-ip address, to accommodate a switch-over from the primary server to standby for patching and maintenance activities...

Reverse lookup (ip->hostname) doesn't resolve to the hostname expected.
Nslookup returns the load-balancer's vip hostname as an alias to another hostname which includes an additional field in its hostname... the name resolution seems to work fine though.

I'm curious about the reverse lookup however. I am able to get the client->proxy->Spacewalk osad connections to work with the original hostnames (not the Load-balancer VIP hostname alias)... those hostnames are fully resolvable forward and reverse... and they appear to work. My next step today is to resolve the reverse lookup.

I've loaded ssldump, and I'm just now trying to get samples from eth0, but I'm getting  some "Length mismatch" errors while running it... If I get more detail, I'll post it.

Best Regards,

Whit

--
Whitney "Whit" Latta
Sr. Systems Engineer

--
"We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." ―Malcolm Reynolds