[Spacewalk-list] Client machine update issue without internet

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 14 22:21:38 UTC 2014

Ah,
sorry I forgot:
Curl - as supplied by the CentOS repos - caused major issues for me
using the https transfer of repo-data from the SW-server.
There are (were?) some serious issues with the certificate handling.
Check if you are having curl-7.30.0 in place.
If not, get:
c-ares-1.10.0-1.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
curl-7.30.0-2.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
libcurl-7.30.0-2.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
libssh2-1.4.3-6.0.cf.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
from a repository near you place them in a tar, and this on the spacewalk server
and install them i.e. using:

echo "# updating CURL and LIBCURL to 7.30!"

mkdir -p /tmp/curlUp
pushd /tmp/curlUp

wget http://spacewalkserver/pub/curlUp.tar

tar -xf curlUp.tar

sed -i "s/useNoSSLForPackages=0/useNoSSLForPackages=1/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck *.rpm

sed -i "s/useNoSSLForPackages=1/useNoSSLForPackages=0/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

popd
rm -rf /tmp/curlUp

Worth a try.

Best