[Spacewalk-list] Run away DELETE query eating my disk space

Chris dmagick at gmail.com
Thu May 1 21:06:21 UTC 2014

> Thanks for the reply. I wondered if I could do that but it would have been a
> while before I would have came up with that query. Perhaps upstream folks
> would like to test that version for Task_queries.xml within the git repo.
>
> Like before, I like to turn it into a "select count(*)" version first as a
> test. I ran it and forgot about it until I realized it was still running and
> killed it after ~3.5hours.
>
>    spaceschema=# select count(*) from rhnPackageChangeLogData where id in
>    spaceschema-#   (SELECT d.id from rhnPackageChangeLogData d
>    spaceschema(#     left join rhnPackageChangeLogRec l on (d.id=l.changelog_data_id)
>    spaceschema(#     where l.changelog_data_id is null);
>    ^C
>    Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

Yikes.

Time to check indexes? Check there is one on
rhnpackagechangelogrec(changelog_data_id):

spacewalk=# \d rhnpackagechangelogrec
                  Table "public.rhnpackagechangelogrec"
       Column       |           Type           |       Modifiers
-------------------+--------------------------+------------------------
  id                | numeric                  | not null
  package_id        | numeric                  | not null
  changelog_data_id | numeric                  | not null
  created           | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
  modified          | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
     "rhn_pkg_clr_id_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
     "rhn_pkg_clr_pid_cld_uq" UNIQUE, btree (package_id, changelog_data_id)
     "rhn_pkg_clr_cld_uq" btree (changelog_data_id)

<snip>

and the one on 'id' in changelogData should be there because it's a
primary key:

spacewalk=# \d rhnpackagechangelogdata
            Table "public.rhnpackagechangelogdata"
  Column  |           Type           |       Modifiers
---------+--------------------------+------------------------
  id      | numeric                  | not null
  name    | character varying(128)   | not null
  text    | character varying(3000)  | not null
  time    | timestamp with time zone | not null
  created | timestamp with time zone | not null default now()
     "rhn_pkg_cld_id_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

<snip>

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/