[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk-channel --list error

John Riker threezerous at gmail.com
Sat May 3 21:24:10 UTC 2014

Not sure if this is the correct way to ask a question regarding an issue I
am facing while trying to test my client subscription to spacewalk, but
here is the question.

When I run the command spacewalk-channel --list from my centos host, I get
the error

An error has occurred:
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
See /var/log/up2date for more information

In the /var/log/up2date, I see the lines as below
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-channel", line 162, in <module>
    systemExit(1, e)
  File "/usr/sbin/spacewalk-channel", line 46, in systemExit
    sys.stderr.write(rhncli.utf8_encode(msg)+'\n')
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: unsupported operand type(s) for +:
'CommunicationError' and 'str'

Has anybody encountered this and/or found a resolution?

If this is not the best way to ask a question to spacewalk community,
accept my apologies, and advise the correct approach.

Thanks