[Spacewalk-list] 2.1 client setup, yum and add package

William Kwan potatok at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 16:56:10 UTC 2014

Thanks to all who replied.

Removed/disabled repos under /etc/yum.repos.d and scheduled remote installation went through successfully.

Thanks

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:45 AM, Matthew Madey <mattmadey at gmail.com> wrote:

If the client isn't connected to the internet directly, make sure you've removed any old repo's under /etc/yum.repos.d/, as it may be trying to pull from that repo instead of Spacewalk.

You shouldn't need to modify anything under /etc/yum/pluginconf.d. Looks like the client had an issue downloading repodata from the Spacewalk server. This is cached in Spacewalk under /var/cache/rhn/repodata. Make sure /var/cache/rhn is owned by apache.root, Verify taskomatic is running and has built the necessary repodata for your channel. /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log. I've seen that error happen before when taskomatic was currently building the necessary repodata for the channel.

Hi all

 metalink https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=x86_64 error was