[Spacewalk-list] Checking osad status from client side

Milan Zázrivec mzazrivec at redhat.com
Wed May 21 09:27:19 UTC 2014

On Thursday 10 April 2014 11:34:41 Innes, Duncan wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there a way of checking the connectivity status of osad from the
> client side?  I know I can query the Satellite to show the OSA Status of
> each client, but am wondering about being able to do this on the client
> side so that (for example) a Nagios check can be built for all RHEL
> systems.
>
> I think I need something more refined than just "service osad status".
> Something that shows the last ping request from osa-dispatcher that the
> client successfully responded to perhaps?

Monitoring the success of ping requests -- long shot. Not quite sure how
you'd go about this really.

You can monitor the network connection between osad and c2s on your
Spacewalk / Spacewalk proxy or you can be periodically scheduling a remote
command on your clients and monitoring the results (a time stamp of
a file created on the client for example).

-MZ