Re: [Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic crashes during repodata generation

guirimand, michael schreef op 03/11/2014 09:21:

Hi Jeremy,

We’re expecting an issue closed to this one.

It was related to JVM configuration.

You need to change –Xms –Xmx.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/43122

Hey

I should've mentioned that I've changed the taskomatic memory a long time ago. That seemed to have stopped the crashed back then, though it was before I added the bigger repositories.

Current values are: (in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf as the newer spacewalk versions demand)
taskomatic.java.initmemory=256
taskomatic.java.maxmemory=2048

I could of course increase this further, but I'm mostly wondering why I'm not seeing any OutOfMemory errors anywhere. Not in taskomatic logs, not in tomcat logs. Everyone having that specific issue seems to mention those errors, just as the RedHat KB entry says. I did however notice that my /etc/sysconfig/tomcat6 file had had the original line with max 256MB memory appended again, probably overwriting my earlier change to 512MB. Will change it back to 512 and see how it goes.

Regards,
Jeremy

Michael Guirimand

System Administrator