[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic crashes during repodata generation

Jeremy Maes jma at schaubroeck.be
Mon Nov 3 08:44:06 UTC 2014

guirimand, michael schreef op 03/11/2014 09:21:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> We're expecting an issue closed to this one.
>
> It was related to JVM configuration.
>
> You need to change --Xms --Xmx.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/43122

Hey

I should've mentioned that I've changed the taskomatic memory a long
time ago. That seemed to have stopped the crashed back then, though it
was before I added the bigger repositories.

Current values are: (in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf as the newer spacewalk
versions demand)
> taskomatic.java.initmemory=256
> taskomatic.java.maxmemory=2048

I could of course increase this further, but I'm mostly wondering why
I'm not seeing any OutOfMemory errors anywhere. Not in taskomatic logs,
not in tomcat logs. Everyone having that specific issue seems to mention
those errors, just as the RedHat KB entry says. I did however notice
that my /etc/sysconfig/tomcat6 file had had the original line with max
256MB memory appended again, probably overwriting my earlier change to
512MB. Will change it back to 512 and see how it goes.

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm