[Spacewalk-list] solaris2mpm errors

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 09:25:35 UTC 2014

Solaris support isn't being actively maintained and we gave notice that
Solaris, along with Monitoring has been deprecated with plans in future
to remove those capabilities from Spacewalk.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ReleaseNotes22
" The Spacewalk team is looking in future releases to drop support for
Solaris clients and the Monitoring component of Spacewalk. They continue
to be supported in their current state for the Spacewalk 2.2 release.
Anyone currently using either of the capabilities may wish to consider
alternatives for their needs. "

So, if this is brand new, I'd recommend to look for alternatives, vs
spending time to invest in making something work that won't last long.
We know Solaris is broken and it is a moving target that each time it
happens, we have react too and doesn't provide a good experience for
users of it.

Regards,
Cliff