Re: [Spacewalk-list] solaris2mpm errors

Cliff,

That's disappointing to hear.  Any suggestions on an alternative?

Thanks for the feedback Cliff.

Daryl

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Cliff Perry <cperry redhat com> wrote:
Solaris support isn't being actively maintained and we gave notice that Solaris, along with Monitoring has been deprecated with plans in future to remove those capabilities from Spacewalk.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ReleaseNotes22
" The Spacewalk team is looking in future releases to drop support for Solaris clients and the Monitoring component of Spacewalk. They continue to be supported in their current state for the Spacewalk 2.2 release. Anyone currently using either of the capabilities may wish to consider alternatives for their needs. "

So, if this is brand new, I'd recommend to look for alternatives, vs spending time to invest in making something work that won't last long. We know Solaris is broken and it is a moving target that each time it happens, we have react too and doesn't provide a good experience for users of it.

Regards,
Cliff