[Spacewalk-list] Updating a system

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 21:21:51 UTC 2014

Daryl

Answers bellow

______________
Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com
Skype: waldirio
Site: www.waldirio.com.br
Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br
LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/waldirio-pinheiro/22/b21/646
PGP: www.waldirio.com.br/public.html

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Daryl Rose <rosede12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, now that I have a system setup and registered, I'm trying to do an
> update.
>
> I picked one package and selected it to update.  The package is queued,
> but the update has not run.
>
> In a past life, I've used Satellite Server to update Red Hat servers.  I
> used the rhn_check command to force the update.  However, when I tried
> rhn_check on my test server I received Python errors:
>
> This error came from the System History Event record:
>
> Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]]"
>> (code -1)
>

> Three questions.
>
> 1. Any idea what this error is, and how do I correct it?

Are your machine really registered in SW !?, when you execute yum repolist,
what appear as result !?

> 2. Where are the log files located so I can review any errors?

In the /var/log/up2date or /var/log/messages, although I recommend execute
the command rhn_check -vv

> 3. How log does a package normally get queued before it's pushed out to
> the client?

You can use spacecmd or spacewalk-errata, I really need check in the
command (don't remember right now)

Take a look in this post - http://blog.waldirio.com.br/?p=738

> Thanks.
>
> Daryl