Re: [Spacewalk-list] Cannot trtrieve reposiitory metadata (repomd.xml)

Hi,

> On 7 Nov 2014, at 6:35 pm, YANG LI <yangli clemson edu> wrote:
>
> [root yangli-test ~]# yum check-update Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register. This system is receiving updates from ULN. Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: oraclelinux6-x86_64. Please verify its path and try again

Can you remove the subscription-manager yum plugin and test again? This is not required for Spacewalk.

Note that we don't have any RHEL boxes internally and have not tested a migration from RHEL to Oracle Linux using Spacewalk in this way. You should ensure that you have the right Spacewalk Client installed and that it wasn't replaced by upstream OL packages.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496