[Spacewalk-list] Follow up question to solaris2mpm

Daryl Rose rosede12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:54:00 UTC 2014

Okay, I'm making progress, but I've ran into another road-block.

I figured out that I need to add --dir to my syntax.  That seemed to
resolve the error with rhnpush not being able to find the patch.  However,
now I'm getting the following error:

Error Message:
    Package arch sparc-solaris-patch incompatible with channel solaris-10
Error Class Code: 50
Error Class Info: Invalid information uploaded to the server

Adding verbose to the syntax revels this:

Package
/usr/local/src/mpm_patches/patch-solaris-151355-01-1.sparc-solaris-patch.mpm
already exists on the RHN Server-- Skipping Upload....

The SW server is CentOS 6.5, while the server with the Solaris patches is a
Solaris 10 server. The patches are not on the SW server.  So, I'm wondering
if I have my channel/repository setup correctly?

I'm wondering if the Repository URL is correct?

On the SW server I have the following directory configured:

/var/satellite/solaris

So, I have the following Repository URL.

file:///var/satellite/solaris

The patches are not out on the net anywhere.  I downloaded them, and I put
them in the mpm format. So I think that it is proper to use the file://
syntax in that field.  Is that correct? Should I copy the mpm files to that
directory first?

Thanks

Daryl