Re: [Spacewalk-list] Virus Scanning during patching of systems

Hey,

> On 18 Nov 2014, at 3:00 pm, Glen Collins <glenc2004 comcast net> wrote:
>
> Hello all. I'm wondering what the best approach is to turn off virus scanning during patching of a system. Having it turned on while spacewalk patches a system can take a lot longer to complete if it's turned on. I'm wondering what the best approach to automate this and turn it off and back on again after patching.

Take a look at the yum-plugin-post-transaction-actions package which enables yum to run specific actions after a transaction that updates packages is completed. You could probably use it as a starting point to creating a plugin to run actions prior to the transaction as well.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496