[Spacewalk-list] Low bandwidth locations

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:20:19 UTC 2014

All,

I've run into a situation where my total metadata for channels has grown
quite large (about 200MB). I've done all I can as far as channel\package
management to reduce the size of the metadata..
We have a number of locations where the bandwidth to the clients is
extremely small.. So downloading new metadata causes severe network latency
on these clients.. We've done some traffic shaping on the network layer to
reduce the impact, but I'm looking for other alternatives focused more
around Spacewalk. Looking for anyone who may have a similar situation and
what steps they've taken to mitigate the issue. Are there any sort of
throttling settings available in Spacewalk, or does this all have to be
done at the OS\Network layers?