Re: [Spacewalk-list] Migration from pgsql to oracle

1. I read that oracle is performing much better in bigger spacewalk deployment. I have 1600 clients connected to spacewalk and is impossible to schedule tasks on all hosts. My db team said that pgsql is limited to single core per connections which means that spacewalk cannot utilize db in more efficient way. Maybe (I hope) i'm not aware of configuration options which make this possible ?

We have oracle support so another instance is not a problem for us. I'll try test export import with db-control.

Hello Krzysztof,

I see, I've one question for you.

1. Why do you want change from postgresql to Oracle db ?!, do you have Oracle support !? Just because I'm curious :-)

What you can do is, build a new machine with SW and Oracle to test, export from SW with postgresql using db-control and import in SW with Oracle using db-control. In theory, the data model is the same changing only the sgdb, so will not get problem about data.

Let me know if you have any doubt about it.